Wednesday, April 18, 2018

A Surety for all who Trust in Jesus Christ

Hi All

Two of my favourite verses as a believer who on many an occasion is anxious in self doubt as to my ability to be what God wants me to be are in the Apostle Paul's letter to the Philippian Church:
Philippians 4:6-7
(6)  Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.
(7)  And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.


The word for careful is often explained as meaning 'anxious' however I remember it being explained by one faithful preacher as a term used in fishing 'to be caught up (hooked) over nothing'.
Most certainly we can get caught up in anxiety by what befalls us in our failed sinful life.
God allows for the Believer to come in the communion of Prayer with Him because of the mediation of His Son Jesus Christ.
That prayer in supplication means I can bring the details of those things of anxiety to God's Throne of Grace and be thankful that I have such a Father who hears me 'in Christ'.

Often the answer is not what I thought it would be but Hey who am I to question God's Sovereignty on all matters of life.
In verse seven we have the crux of why we bring all things to God in Prayer.
It is for God to give Peace to the petitioner and allow me to know that His Way is the 'Right Way'.

What a confidence that I can have in God answering prayer. Why?
Because God cannot lie:
Titus 1:2
(2)  In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;

If you are reading this and do not know what I am speaking of its probably because you are not saved and that's a tragedy.
The Love and Mercy of God is available to all who call upon the Name of Jesus Christ in Repentance and Faith in the fact that He standing in your place paid your debt of sin that realistically you could never pay.
1 Timothy 2:3-4
(3)  For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;
(4)  Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.


Because of my position in Jesus Christ as my sinless Redeemer and Lord I have access to God which before my Salvation was impossible:
John 9:31
(31)  Now we know that God heareth not sinners: but if any man be a worshipper of God, and doeth his will, him he heareth.

Come to Christ on God's terms and be saved through His merits and not what goodness you think you may have.

As a Blood Bought, Blood Washed sinner I now have a Hope that is secure in Jesus Christ and as Paul continues in Philippians:
Philippians 4:13
(13)  I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

Hope this helps someone today.

Pastor Peter Skillen
braehillbaptist@gmail.com


No comments: