Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Through failure comes the strength of God

Often the born again Christian is hammered by his or her own failures in general life which causes them to withdraw from such an active role in witnessing of their Salvation in Christ.
In recent days I have found that the attack of the world, the flesh and the Devil against my witness has been immense and yet coming out the other side of it I see the hand of God still in control.

I ultimately see and know an appreciation of God's longsuffering patience with me a worthless sinner who needs God's strength every moment of the day.
Knowing that it is through my confidence in God and my confession to Him that the only means by which I can survive the taunts of the world, the flesh and the Devil is through prayer:
1 John 1:9 -  If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
John is speaking here to the Christian who in repentance of sin has come to the knowledge of sins forgiven but realises that even though he/she is saved from the curse of sin there still is the effects of sin while we continue on this earth.
John wanted the Christian to see that their is a fullness of joy to be had in the close relationship with God through Jesus Christ in the power of the Holy Spirit:
1 John 1:4 - And these things write we unto you, that your joy may be full.

Joy for the Christian requires a self examination of how our relationship with God is strengthened.
The Apostle Paul having gone to God in prayer over some 'thorn in the flesh' was given the joy of peace in knowing that God's Grace was so ever powerful to keep him even in days of adversity:
2 Corinthians 12:9 - And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness.
Praise God that He sees my weaknesses as something to work with or else I would remain in the depths of despair.

Maybe you as a Christian today have the thought of despair as you fail Him or are not as you should be in your relationship with Him.
Don't despair you are not on your own in this experience.
Allow today to be a starting point of refreshment in His love and care and pray that He will use your weaknesses as light on the Glory trail of some other needy soul.
Remember my last blog was a verse which is so applicable to this thought and underline it for future reference:

2 Timothy 1 verse 7
For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.


Pastor Peter Skillen 
www.braehillbaptist.org
braehillbaptist@gmail.com



No comments: