Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Quickie professions of faith in the Lord Jesus Christ

 For many years I have been troubled as to the method of some preachers of the Gospel who appear to concern themselves with numbers that are saved rather than whether the person or persons that they are speaking to are convicted of the Holy Spirit in that they have sin in their lives and this sin needs to be confessed before God in repentance. I have experience of preachers that for what ever reason find it necessary to produce numbers of persons saved for their reports that they send to supporting churches. Young people coerced into saying a 'little prayer' and then because of their lack of understanding are left saying things like 'I have tried being a Christian but it doesn't work' or 'I don't feel any different'.
Again I believe that David Cloud says it probably more eloquently and more informative that I would. So I recommend that you read his article (link below) on his website entitled 'Whats wrong with most soul winning courses?'

http://www.wayoflife.org/files/883fd3a63df3008abd03eebd1399fc93-694.html

No comments: